Representing: Eastern Cape
Mikaela is from Port Elizabeth and she is working towards her BA in Media Communication and Culture degree.
* She won the Miss South Africa Teen title at the age of 14 in 2010 and was the youngest ever winner of this now defunct pageant.
* She wants to be the first former Miss SA Teen to win Miss South Africa.
* She does not know how to ride a bicycle.
* The former Miss South Africa that inspires her the most is Miss SA 1996, Peggy-Sue Khumalo.
* Her role model is Miss South Africa 2014 and Miss World 2014, Rolene Strauss.
* She has a sister.
* Mikaela loves to eat marshmallow tart.
Eye For Beauty says:
Mikaela seems like a lovely girl and at just 20 she is also experienced and accomplished. I think she has a lot to offer to South Africa and she should be very proud of all her achievements. I do feel that she might not be ready just yet. I feel that she needs a few more years of life experience.
My advice to Mikaela would be to enjoy this experience and use it as a learning curve. Most of the most successful Miss SA's of the past had to enter a few times before winning the title. She should take everything she can from this experience and return in 2 or 3 years to give it another go should she not win this year.
Eye For Beauty Rating
**** Very good
** Would be a surprise
* Would be a huge surprise
Rating for Mikaela's chance of...
Winning Miss SA 2016 *
1st princess **
2nd princes **
Top 5 ***
Photos courtesy of Sun International, Miss SA, Mikaela Oosthuizen