Pages

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Miss South Africa: Sun International Responds to Marilyn Ramos' Comments

FROM www.news24.co.za

Sun International has responded to comments made by former Miss South Africa 2012 Marilyn Ramos that the hotel and casino group did not support her during her reign.

Ramos released a statement earlier this week slamming heat magazine for referring to her as the “worst Miss SA ever”.

According to Ramos’ statement she had no PR and very little support during her reign.

Group Brand and Communications Manager of Sun International Michael Farr said that the company was puzzled by the comments made by Ramos and that it had given her full support during her reign. A PR plan for Marilyn was put in place when she was crowned and this was carried out in full.

“Marilyn did not have an official clothing sponsor but had the full support of Sun International and South African designers who helped with her wardrobe throughout the year of reign.”

With respect to support for attendance at Miss World and Miss Universe, Farr said: “Sun International does and has always paid for business class air tickets to and from the pageants and provides a foreign exchange allowance for expenses during Miss SA’s travels to international pageants. Sun International also provides an excess baggage allowance of 100kg which is fairly generous.”

Farr said that Marilyn had also been accompanied to the airport en route to the international pageant: “Former Miss SA Melinda Bam, now the Miss South Africa National Executive, accompanied Marilyn to the airport when she travelled to Miss Universe, and Sun International held a press conference at The Maslow Hotel to bid Marilyn farewell prior to her departure for the Miss World and Miss Universe competitions. A scout accompanied Marilyn to the Miss Universe pageant and the company was in regular contact with her during the competition.”

“While we can’t really understand the comments she made, we would be happy to engage with her further to talk this through.”

Local tabloid heat on Wednesday denied that their article was a personal attack against Ramos.

No comments:

Post a Comment